There are a few things that most agencies are looking for in an egg donor. An egg donor candidate must be physically, mentally and psychologically fit for the egg donation process. The egg donation process requires commitment, time, and patience. We like to work with donors who have a positive outlook towards the idea of being an egg donor. You do not have to be a parent, have been pregnant, or birthed a child to be an egg donor.
It’s not common for those inquiring to become a donor to have much knowledge of the process. One of the most common misconceptions in egg donation is that donating one’s eggs can be harmful to one’s health. You can read more how fertility is (or isn’t) affected by egg donation here.
Another thought that many have around egg donation is that it will help end their financial instability. Egg donors are compensated for their time, but it is definitely not a “get rich quick” type gig. A donor is compensated for her time, inconvenience and possible discomfort. The decision to donate eggs is an act of kindness to intended parents who are very eager to have children of their own, and we know there is no price for that generously. Many times, donors choose this process because they like helping others experience the joy of being a parent and want to help give them the chance to enjoy what they are unlikely to experience on their own. There are additional qualifications to qualify; these are set forth by medical professionals and are standard through most agencies & fertility clinics.
As an overview, here are some points that will qualify a candidate to be an egg donor:
- Must be between 21 and not more than 28 years old.
- Must be drug free, tattoo free and blood transfusion free for the last 12 months prior to egg donation.
- Must be a non-smoker.
- Must be committed to not drink alcohol during the egg donation cycle
- Must not have any history of reoccurring genetic disorders and chromosomal abnormalities.
- Must have a clear medical history both mentally and physically and not be currently taking any medications to correct a disorder that could possibly affect the egg donation process or react with the medications.
- Willing to travel anytime for have certain tests and/or screenings.
- Have a flexible morning schedule to attend 6-10 medical appointments in a 10-21 day period
- Are emotionally stable with healthy outlook and perceptions in life.
- Have a regular monthly menstrual cycle
- College Graduate or pursuing a secondary education
- Height and weight proportionate (BMI between 18 and 28)
- Reliable and Responsible
- Make a 3-5 month commitment to being an Egg Donor. A daily impact the last 10-21 days
- Reliable transportation and child care (if applicable)
- Willing to update Egg Donor Profile application semi-annually
If you answered YES to all of these, and have a healthy and active lifestyle that fits perfectly with the egg donor requirements; you just might be the one we are looking for.
Want to do an act of kindness today? By sharing your eggs, you will be giving a gift of life to couples who yearn to have their own family. You can make a difference today! You can Be Their Solution & help them create their happy family.
For more information about being an egg donor in Dallas, TX or any other city in the country please go to http://www.eggdonorsolutions.com to fill out the confidential prescreen application and start the process of becoming an egg donor.
Egg Donor Solutions is based in Dallas, TX but works with donors, doctors, and intended parents everywhere. No matter where you live, we welcome you to apply.
What is Egg Donation, Can I be an Egg Donor, Egg Donation Process, Common Egg Donation Questions, Becoming an Egg Donor, Qualifying as an Egg Donor, Egg Donation, Egg Donor process, Why to go through an agency?, Egg Donation Overview.